• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Word to Indesign style map

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to share a custom Word to Indesign style map with other users?  I have created a style map within a template, saved it as a present, and have set it as my defualt.  I want to share this map with teammates so that we do not have to go through and set up the same map over and over on each machine.  I'd rather just drop a file in a folder and have it be available on the next machine.  I can not find where InDesign stores this mapping information file.  I have looked all throughout the Presets folder and connot find anything for Style Mapping.  Is this information stored in one of the Workspace xmls files?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

[Sorry for repeat]

See if the presets are stored here (you'll have to change the Version number):

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 7.04.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tested this but on the Microsoft Word Import Options dialog box, have you tried saving a preset (Save Preset button at the top right)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have it saved as a Preset and have it that preset saved as my default.  I was hoping this preset would follow the template but when other users open the template file ona differnt machine, my preset is not available to them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the presets are stored here (you'll have to change the InDesign Version):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Sorry for repeat]

See if the presets are stored here (you'll have to change the Version number):

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 7.04.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that information is still correct, credit goes to Mike Witherell and trainingonsite.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! That is exactly the folder I was looking for. I was drawing a blank on where all those presets were stored.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines