• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift & spacebar key not working with dragging. resizing & handtool in InDesign 16.3.2 macOS 11.4

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support Community, 

My InDesign keeps causing a problem. All of a sudden,

1) SHIFT-drag an object doesn't work;

2) Hand tool when pressing spacebar also doesn't work;

3) When objects/images are resized, it squashes the image and not resize proportionately like it used to

It works fine everytime I restart the computer but when I am using InDesign, it stops working and starts to malfunction. It keeps happening and not resolved even after updating InDesign. 

I am using InDesign Version 16.3.2 on MacOS Big Sur Version 11.4.

Is it some bug in InDesign? Please help if you know how this issue can be resolved? Thank you very much!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When InDesign is lauching

The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I would like to know if the suggestion shared by @Eugene Tyson worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Were these actions and tools working fine on the previous version? Generally, this happens when there is a third-party application that has similar shortcuts.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.

Also, please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system to perform certain checks and prevent third-party software/ services from automatically loading or opening.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Third party applicaitons and browser extensions may prevent keyboard modifiers from working. See this posting for more information:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-keyboard-shortcuts-or-quot-hot-keys-quot-not-workin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines