• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift Key issues - Moving, rotating, and selecting objects

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to InDesign 2022 (17.1) and I've noticed some functions I used to use constantly are missing.

First, rotating an object. I used to be able to hold down the Shift key and while rotating an object it would "snap" to 90, 180, 270, and 0 degrees. It doesn't "snap" any more. Is there a new button to hold to make it do that?

Next, moving objects - I used to be able to hold down the Shift key and move an object and it would stay on the same horizontal or vertical axis. For example, if I duplicated a shape and wanted to put the new shape directly beside the original shape, I would hold down the Shift key and move the new shape to the right and they would be perfectly aligned. That doesn't work anymore either.

Lastly, I used to be able to select multiple points on a shape by holding down the Shift key. That doesn't work anymore either. Now it only selects the last point you click on.

Basically... I guess what I'm asking is what happened to the Shift key that used to be so helpful? Why doesn't it do these basic functions anymore? Is there a new way to do all these things? Do I need to learn a new key command? Is this a bug? 

Please help! Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, nevermind! I did a bit more searching and I found an answer that helped me resolve this. I restarted. LOL, rookie! I read in another post that restarting in "safe mode" might help clear any conflicts. I just restarted in regular mode and it worked. If anyone else has this issue, try restarting, it's a magical fix! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines