• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut Right Indent Tab in a table

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what's the shortcut for a Right Indent Tab within a table on mac. Just like alt+tab for a normal tab within a table but then a right indent tab.

this would make my life easier 🙂

thanks

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create your own keyboard shortcut in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

You need to find the category the shortcut is in. Use the Show Set button on the right side of the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box. This will open up all your shortcuts in a text editor (which depends on OS). Right Indent Tab is in the Type menu. By default, Shift-Tab is the shortcut for text but it doesn't work in a table. But you can select Table to be the Context (see below):

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.33.54 AM.png

In the context of Tables, I set it to be Ctrl-\ (whicdh works on a Mac).

Below you can see that it works in the table (see hidden character for Right Indent Tab after the word "text"):

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.37.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more detail I forgot, to create a custom keyboard shortcut, you need to create a New Set. Use the New Set button in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines