Shortcuts stop working

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost everytime I use InDesign, my shortcuts will stop working. Whether it's V, or my option + drag to duplicate, or resizing with shift.  I've looked at numerous posts and haven't found a resolution.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to note that sometimes the issue will be fixed after restarting my computer, but it is not fixed after shutting down and re-opening InDesign. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually this particular problem is being caused by some other program that you have open using the same key commands as InDesign. The way to test for this is to restart your computer and then only launch InDesign. If the key commands now work then you will have to open the other programs one at a time until the InDesign key commands once again stop working. Once you have identified the culprit you will have to find out if there is a way to shut off the commands in that program or possibly change the key commands in InDesign through Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts. Keep in mind, however, that not all InDesign  key commands can be changed. See https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/customize-menus-keyboard-shortcuts.html for more details about customizing menus and key commands in InDesign.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Scarlett,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the great response given by Bill, I'd recommend you try the suggestions given on this community post to fix any unexpected behavior within the app.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines