• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple duplicate lines GREP deletion

Participant ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although much already has been explained here about merging page numbers and duplicated lines, I can't figure out a simple syntax to eliminate a duplicated line as:

011500875 16

011500875 17

011500875 17

011500875 17

011500875 18
(where the structure is:

011500875 ^y17^p)

Thanks for help

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of GREP questions already answered about this in this very forum. Notice how many show up on the right hand side of this forum screen that appear to answer your question. Maybe this one?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes you are right. I apologize but somehow my research returned only more complex cases and didn't get to the post you linked. Will refine my search criteria when facing next issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be more precise, I saw the post you linked before posting anything. It is way different from my need, much more complex, how to reduce this to my issue is beyond my knowledge. So I made the question with screenshot. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this double post necessary?
Have you even tried the answer I gave you in your other thread?

To remove one following duplicate you can try something like that:

(\d+~y\d+\r)\K\1

if numbers tab numbers end of paragraph

If that does not work - please show a screenshot with visible hidden characters.

By @pixxxelschubser

--> jump to quoted post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thank also here and again sorry for the delayed reply. This was the first attempt I made to get help. I faced the fact that nobody gave an answer in a couple of days. I thought that post was not clear enough. Looked how to delete it but couldn't find. So I made a new post and provided a screenshot. In the meanwhile I had a technical problem in my office's computer and could not promptly check and reply. I really thank you and the community for this online service, I can believe it's a hard work to keep it "clean".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines