• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple functions such as export, save as and place stop working

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Monterey 12.5.1 and the most up to date CC and I am having ongoing issues with simple tasks.

I will be working as per normal and then out of nowhere can not use simple functions like 'Save, Save As, Place, Export'. Nothing happens at all. The only solution is to quit out and start again, I have already had to do this 4 times this morning and this issue has been long standing. 

More information: 

1. Adobe Indesign version 18.1

2. Happens randomly at any time, could be working on a brand new file, could be working on a file that has been used previously and re-opened.

3. Happens regardless of where I am saving the file. I could be working off my hard drive or saving to Google Drive. makes no difference.

To offer more information. I will be working away, could be 10 minutes after I launch it, could be 4 days. I'll go to place an image, save as, save, or export and none of those actions have a reaction. The only way I can rectify is to quit without saving. If I haven't saved it will pop up asking if I want to save, if I say yes, it will do noting. I am literally unable to do anything. If I continue working I can't place any images, I can't save etc.

To be clear on pervious advice. I can not export as any file type therefore idml is not an option. Reset did not rectify the problem.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens in all your files, not just one?

You said "Reset did not rectify the problem."

That's kind of ambiguous. I'd suggest trying to use the following technique for restoring preferences and caches:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Yes it happens on all files. It could be a new file, an old file, big or small. Sometimes I will open a brand new file and it will occur. I have restored all preferences and caches. I will do this again and see if I have any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've re-tried all teh suggestions. Same issue. It's now happening more frequently and I have had to shut down / quit over 25 times today, almost impossible to do anything as I can't export, place an image or save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another suggestion: Uninstall InDesign using the Creative Cloud desktop app. 

You can also use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool to remove all  of your installation:

How and when to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner toolhttps://helpx.adobe.com › creative-cloud › cc-cle...

Then reinstall InDesign (and other CC apps) again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines