• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skriva bok

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vilka är lämpliga indragningar för att skriva en bok i formatet A4 för att kunna trycka boken på lämpligt sätt.

Mvh

Ulf

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

No, InDesign doesn't have any editing/content management features as such. You can use various features to keep track of what sections and text are in which state.

I have sometimes selected and applied one color (blue) to text that was ready for press, and often use a red highlight on text that is incomplete or needs review. Don't use styles for this, as they will overwrite other styles you may have applied. Just select the text and apply the color. When you're all done, select all text and tu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean page margins?
What kind of book, for example, fiction, reference, children's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical margins for a book with continuous text (novel, nonfiction, etc.) are 6 picas on the inside gutter, 4 picas top and 3 picas outside edge and bottom. That leaves room for a one-line header on each page. For a header and footer, 4 picas top and bottom  are better.

These are minimums for most books and publishers. Somewhat larger top, bottom and outside margins are common, to keep the pages from looking crowded, and a larger inside margin should be used for thicker books where the "valley" will be deeper with the book open.

Every publisher, including vanity and self-publishing houses, will have their own specifications or at least suggestions, but these are a good working start.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for your answers, I am writing about my memories from working life and it has become a lot. I started writing in word and tried to continue in all possible programs but so far I am very happy with In design. Now that I have the knowledgeable here, I have another question. Is there any way in this program to be able to lock certain pages and those previously considered to be ready and not in need of editing. In word, everything changes when you make an edit, but there is probably some type of function for this. Would be grateful for answers Sincerely Ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, InDesign doesn't have any editing/content management features as such. You can use various features to keep track of what sections and text are in which state.

I have sometimes selected and applied one color (blue) to text that was ready for press, and often use a red highlight on text that is incomplete or needs review. Don't use styles for this, as they will overwrite other styles you may have applied. Just select the text and apply the color. When you're all done, select all text and turn it back to black.

If you are still in the writing stage, I would mildly suggest you return to Word, which is a much better writing/editing/content management tool than InDesign. I use Word for all long content development and import to ID only when I am ready to lay out pages and make final edits. Things like Word macros can make content management and the kind of tagging I mention above much easier. Configuring both the app and the document styles makes long projects much easier. You don't have to stay with the default look and settings, some of which are awful.

But then, I also often "write" in both InDesign and FrameMaker when I want to work with clean formatting and layout simultaneously with the content. Plenty of expertise here on the forum to help you get the results you want in ID!

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines