• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance Indesign 17.3 PDF remarks

Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I've been working an a document of 122 pages for a while now. For some reason it always gets slower. At first I thought working on a google drive was the problem, but now it seems to be the pdf remarks. Corrections have been ongoing, and although I remove all remarks everytime they're done, I have the impression they are dragging on somewhere. Does anyone have the same problem? Any solutions?

Macbookpro 2019, OS 12.4, AMD Radeon pro 5500m, 4GB

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Save the publication as an IDML document, rename it (incrementally) and open it up again in InDesign, that process will delete all the crud that builds up in a document over time and that can lead to it slowing down or even introduce corruption.

If you only have 4GB of RAM, that is inadequate you need at least 16GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you experimented with these many ideas?

Speed Up InDesign

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and they all have an effect. But these are minor compared to the effect of not using the PDF remarks…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the publication as an IDML document, rename it (incrementally) and open it up again in InDesign, that process will delete all the crud that builds up in a document over time and that can lead to it slowing down or even introduce corruption.

If you only have 4GB of RAM, that is inadequate you need at least 16GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, I'll try that once. I have 16 GB ram, the 4GB is for my videocard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works! I hope Adobe is reading these posts as well. It might be a nice feature to have an 'erase cache' on documents. Probably I'm not the only one having the bad habit of reusing old layouts… 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines