Slow Performance

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Have any experienced the problem with having two or more Indesign files up and running at the same time, and whenever you want to switch between the documents, the program´s has a slow performance and it take ages for it to switch between documents? 

I have re-installed and installed the program a few times. Still the same problem. The problem occured when I updated Indesign.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What operating system? What are the system specs? Processor? RAM?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!! Ever since the last update to 17.1 - it drags when opening, sometimes it takes 30 secs or more to open a simple file. Like you mentioned, when more than one file is open and you switch to another tab - it takes forever for that to switch to the tab.  

This is only happing on my Windows 10 machine -

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 64 GB Ram

@BobLevine 

My machine specs are : Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines