• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smooth sailing with the new version?

Advocate ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished a project and was holding off with updating...

Browsing around in here there doesn't seem to be any big issues, but figured I'd ask, just in case.

How has the update gone for you?

thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version, InDesign CC 2022 v. 17.0.1 works well for most people. There are some remaining bugs which will be dealt with soon with a 17.1 update. So to be safe, you might want to wait for that update until you update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi turner111,

if you are satisfied with InDesign 2021 on the feature side and you see no "must have" new feature in InDesign 2022: Stay with InDesign 2021 for now. I hope you know, that you can have installed both versions side by side on the same machine to test things with the new version while producing with the older one.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all -

Is there an open bugs / items list?

I like trying out new versions, so I'll probably keep both installed, but it would be nice to know what to watch out for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@turner111:

I am continuing to work in the previous version but yesterday I opened a one-page file in 17.0.1, made a few edits and went to save my changes, only to find both Save and Save as were unavailable. I thought I could get around it by copying the content, closing the file and pasting my edits into a new copy of the original, but although the Paste command was available, I was unable to paste anything.

That was a great reminder to continue to wait until things stabilize.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb - thanks... & YIKES.

I recently created 3 docs in the new version on my laptop... I've just saved them as IDMLs just in case.

What did you end up doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I re-opened the file, immediately saved it and then saved it after every single edit. I managed to get out the PDF for review. 🙄

But now that you mention it, I better re-open it and save it as IDML so that I can work on it again in 2021. Thanks for the reminder!

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines