• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorting by first n-digits

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An index with 20k codes has to be sorted differently, considering only the first 7 (in my cae) digits.

Codes has variable number of digits from 7 to 12 or more. I just need to have an ordered list that ignores anything above the 7th digit.

Thanks for help

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By far, this is the best "has nothing to do with photoshop elements" question I've ever seen, and reeks of a college freshman math assignment. 

You can solve this with about 18 lines of code in C++.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh sorry... I just faild 'cause of different opened windows: I thought I was on Indesign's Comunity forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll move your post to the correct forum, in case you haven't posted there already.

Added:  Never mind.  I see that the post has already been made.  I will lock this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines