Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound Issues with InDesign and Publishing Online

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I recently started creating a document that contains animation, and audio sounds.

I have watched the tutorials and read the how to's and and followed it all.

My issue is when I publish the document and after it is uploaded online, I click "VIEW Document".

As it loads and I see the first page animate, it also loads and plays fractions of all the audio clips I have used in various pages in the document.

I have set each one to the setting of "Play on page load" and "Stop on Page Turn".

All are Mp3 sound files. No matter what computer I load the link, on it does the same thing.

Once document is loaded and go to the pages the sounds are on, it all works fine. Just on initial loading of documents you can hear ALL sound clips one by one on loading of first page. Is there a reason for this? How can I stop this?

I have the latest version of Indesign CC 2017. Under a month I have had it for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

HI Bob,

Thanks but I think I found the issue.

It seems if the sound files are first in the timing (on Page Load), my issue occurs.

Once I placed them as second in the timing, the issue is no longer there.

My document now loads and I hear no more PRE audio clips. When I load the page with audio. I see my page then sound clicks in as it should....

To me, it should work how its say..ON PAGE LOAD....Only..... not when you open your document and hear all short sound bits no matter if the audio clip is fir

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting a link would be a start to getting some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Bob,

Thanks but I think I found the issue.

It seems if the sound files are first in the timing (on Page Load), my issue occurs.

Once I placed them as second in the timing, the issue is no longer there.

My document now loads and I hear no more PRE audio clips. When I load the page with audio. I see my page then sound clicks in as it should....

To me, it should work how its say..ON PAGE LOAD....Only..... not when you open your document and hear all short sound bits no matter if the audio clip is first, there should be no PRE clips as you open your document.

Adobe should look into that.

Thanks anyway.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate on how you were able to change the timing of the sound assets? I have been trying putting a 1 second delay on all sounds but the issue of having them all load at the same time persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+ 1 for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines