Source usage on Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a script which places data to text frames in Indesign and export it as PDF but I wonder why is Indesign using 20% of CPU? Also there is 2GB free RAM. Is this some kind of protection for computer or problem with software?

On the other hand should I use Indesign Server for higher performance or does anyone have an idea for this problem?

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Scripting , Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mangokafa, I'm not an expert on your question at all, but one thing occurs to me: Indesign may have delegated work to other processes, eg. Acrobat Distiller. Have a look what other processes, if any, ramp up while your script is running.

- Mark

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @m1b, there was no other program working while I am running script. I couldn't understand. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 & Windows 11 21H2 build 22000.527

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines