Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

space before the footer

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering how to adjust the space before footer

please see screenshot for pages 52-53 and the file

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I notice you are not using the Footnote paragraph style for this footnote....

That said, this particular case is caused, I think, by the note reference appearing in the line immediately above the note itself and the length of the note text.

There are two things in play with footnote spacing here. If the note were edited to be one line shorter it would leave some space, but you asked about how to adjust the space, and that's handled under Type > Document Footnote Options... and clicking the Layout tab.

Footnote Spacing.png

In this case your footnote could break across pages (if the option to split footnotes is checked) or it could force the line with the reference and the footnote both to move to the next page leaving a blank space depending on what you have chosen for first baseline. You may want to play with the settings in this dialog to get a combination that works well for you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines