• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spacebar hand tool isn't working CC2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having this issue with the update?

I ditched the cache and preferences and it still isn't working.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS? Do you have any other software which might be conflicting with the InDesign(like chrome)?
Try restarting your computer and start working on InDesign only. Let us know how it goes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS? Do you have any other software which might be conflicting with the InDesign(like chrome)?
Try restarting your computer and start working on InDesign only. Let us know how it goes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quit everything and restarted my machine and it started working. Chrome conflicts with InDesign? That's a bummer as that's my go to browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to be a sporadic issue but now it is happening every day. I restart my Macbook and everthing works fine, until it doesn't. I am seeing this has been an issue people have been talking about for over 5 years. 

This is effecting InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. I am running Big Sur on a 16-inch Macbook Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find the applications (anti-virus, etc.) or browser extensions which are interfering with your keyboard modifiers (like happened to @shawnw26745661 )

Reboot your computer, if it's failing in InDesign, open InDesigh first (turn off startup applications). Try after rebooting. Likely the modifier will now work. Watch carefully as you load your other applications to see which the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, @Ashutosh_Mishra! For me it was Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the answer was turning off the keyboard shortcut for Siri in 

System preferences > Siri > Keyboard Shortcut > Off

Imagine it'd also work to just change the shortcut to something else. I use Siri on my phone but not my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines