Exit

Span Columns with H2 Causes H3s to fall unevenly in Columns

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have a 2-column text frame. 

It contains an H2 (section title) set to span across 2 columns.  It has 0.125" space after. 
I have H3's with 0.125" space after.  The "Lorem Ipsum" H3 in Column 1 falls exactly where I want it. I have a column break at the end of the column to put the "Lorem Ipsum" H3 in Column 2.  It  does not fall in the same spot as the H3 in Column 1.

I have removed the space after on all styles and this does not solve the issue.  Removing the column break doesn't fix it. The H3s only align when I remove the option on H2 to span columns, and I don't want that. 

I need a single threaded text frame to use with a Word document I have placed in the file.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 1.15.48 PM.png

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

It looks to me like the "Lorem Ipsum" subheading at the top of the left column is ALSO set to span all columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like the "Lorem Ipsum" subheading at the top of the left column is ALSO set to span all columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holy cats, that was it.  You're amazing to be able to see that from a single glance! 

I thought I had checked everything and didn't realize I left that on.  Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines