• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinning wheel 2022

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.1 16 GB, everything up to date, rebooted. InDesign files are updated to 2022. I work off of WD external hard drives. One was fine, Id, Ps, Ai, AA worked good. On the other, a new WD, InDesign files no longer allow me to apply paragraph styles. Tried working w/o the WD, tried turning off the Wifi, tried deleting preferences. I see no more ideas. Spinning wheel. Just a volunteer, what else can I do?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• OS and version of InDesign
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Are you using TimeMachine? If yes, please check if turning it off/ disabling it help resolve the issue?
  • Please check if turning off preflight  (Window > Output > Preflight > Deselect the checkbox) help resolve the issue?
         Anshul_Saini_0-1638994658350.png
  • Please try different Display options (View > Display Performance) in InDesign. I recommended working on Typical Display.
  • Please try turning off GPU performance from InDesign preferences (cmd + k > GPU Performance > uncheck GPU Performance and see if that helps?

Also, please check if storing files & links locally on the Desktop resolves the issue. (InDesign is a resource-intensive application, requiring more RAM and hard disk space than most other day-to-day applications we use. While you can use InDesign files from networks and removable media, you can compromise the performance and reliability of the application. For example, InDesign reads and writes file data while you work on a file. Therefore, the access speed of the disk containing the file & links determines how quickly Indesign can process the data. System internal HDD/SSD has faster access speeds than removable media (Pendrive/ HDD/SSD) or network servers (a hard disk accessed over a network).

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines