• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Squeeze new products into a catalog grid

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to word this. What I want to do is be able to make a multi page catalog that can be easily updated in each category. Like lets say I have categories set up like: Bears (12 products,) Wolves (6 products,) Elk. etc.. 

So say if I added 4 more bear products, all the other products would just instantly move to the next spaces/pages and I can just quickly squeeze in the bear products without redoing the entire catalog spacing/pages.

Is this possible? What is this actually called?

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible natively. There are third party catalog plugins that would help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Do you know which plug-ins? Or what I would type in to search for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Do you know which plug-ins? Or what I would type in to search for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have experience with them but the one I see mentioned the most is InCatalog » Em Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have experience with them but the one I see mentioned the most is InCatalog » Em Software

By @BobLevine

I've used this product in the past and it can do what the OP wants. Also, Em Software is very good with support. I think they even offer a consulting service too. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, depending on how you constructed the catalog. In fact, if you have your catalog set up correctly to incorporate your desires, it can even be easy.

If you have been using inline graphics with your catalog selections, if you have the items run in vertical columns, and if you have separate documents for each category and assemble the catalog using InDesign's Book functions, then yes it is possible to do what you're looking to do.

If you don't, you won't be able to do that with InDesign until you set up your catalog that way. Depending on how often you're revising/reissuing your catalog and how much work it takes you now to create your issues, it may be worth it.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines