Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange behavior when copying/pasting from Illustrator to InDesign

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm having some issues while copying / pasting a blended color sequence from Illustrator to InDesign. As you can see from the screenshots below, it seems like when pasting the object into an InDesign sheet it's automatically created a small gap between the squares.

How can I fix this? I've already tried setting the overprint preview to see if it was a rendering issue but nothing has changed.

Screenshot_ConceptD_Francesco_2021.12.06_17.30.37.pngScreenshot_ConceptD_Francesco_2021.12.06_17.30.44.png

TOPICS
InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does it look if you export a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Spier you were right. The problem seems to be solved after creating a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of two ways to get this into InDesign that are better than cooy/paste.

1. Save your Illustrator file then place it.
  2. Save your swatches from the Swatches panel and import them into the swatches panel in InDesign. Apply the gradient to an object drawn in InDesign. This is better because you can edit the gradient directly in InDesign and you will be able to use the gradient swatch. And the colours in the gradient, for other elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines