• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange error message

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a sopecific file I get the error message I attach here. I don’t understand it (although I'm german) and can't find any hint what to do to avoid it. Can anybody help?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears there is some hyphenation in the file that does not match the hyphenation specified for at least one word in the file in your user dictionary and you are being asked to choose whether to use the user dictionary settings or the document settings. I think I would choose document to avoid text reflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. That is, whatr the text says. But so it is like a message: »There is an error, but we don’t tell you which and where.« I hope I can get some more information about this point. The error seems to be in an »exception dictionary«. But where it is? And how cann I find the error? And if this is not possible, how cam. get rid of this annoying message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an "error" so much as a conflict between what is set in the document and a choice you've defined for how to hyphenate some word in the past. Did you create this file, or receive it from someone else?

You can turn on highlighting of H&J (hyphenation &Justification) violations in the Composition section of the preferences which should allow you to locate the word(s) affected. At that point you can highlight the word, right-click and choose Spelling, and then go to the User Dictionary to make changes.

You might also want to check your settings in the prefs under Dictionary for the User Dictionary section and see if they are appropriate for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately I don’t know the question for it. My qestion doesn't match.

So I must live without a solution. (Although I believe, a professional program which is not at all cheap shoult giuve a more unsefiul information.)

So let’s consider the problem as resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe my answer above does match your question as it tells you how to find the conflict and access the user dictionary to make a correction, but there may be a language issue here as I don't speak or read German. I'm going to send a message to another user who does to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Werner,

vielleicht kann ich auf Deutsch weiterhelfen.

Um die Situation zu verstehen:

Wenn Du die Datei Keraban.indd geöffnet hast, wie sehen Deine InDesign-Voreinstellungen aus?

Voreinstellungen > Wörterbuch

Da hätte ich gerne einen Screenshot gesehen.

Danke,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das geht am Problem vorbei. Dieses ist, dass ich die Meldung erhalte, es sei etwas nicht in Ordnung, aber keine Information darüber, wo ich den Fehler suchen und wie ich ihn beheben kann. Ich habe verstanden, dass eine Ausnahme für die Silbengtrennung in der Datei angegeben ist, die mit einer im Benutzerwörterbuch im Widerspruch steht. Ich erfahre aber weder, um welche Ausnahme es sich da handelt, noch wie sie beschaffen ist. Wüsste ich das, könnte ich beurteilen, welche Variante mir lieber ist. Aus Gründen, die ich nicht nachvollziehen kann, wird mir das aber verschwiegen. Meine Einstellungen haben damit nichts zu tun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Ich erfahre aber weder, um welche Ausnahme es sich da handelt, noch wie sie beschaffen ist. Wüsste ich das, könnte ich beurteilen, welche Variante mir lieber ist. Aus Gründen, die ich nicht nachvollziehen kann, wird mir das aber verschwiegen. Meine Einstellungen haben damit nichts zu tun."

Ah. Jetzt verstehe ich Dich.

Klar, die Meldung ist sehr knapp und überhaupt nicht spezifisch.

Meines Wissens nach war das leider noch nie anders.

Wir müssten nun überlegen wie die Abweichungen zu filtern wären.

Da fällt mir auf die Schnelle allerdings nichts dazu ein.

Gruß,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Da wird sich wohl auch nichts finden. Ich habe nun die Verwendung des Wörterbuchs in der Datei ausgeschaltet, so vermeide ich wenigstens diese Meldung. Allerdings weiß ich nun nicht, ob ich damit vielleicht gerade den richtigen Trennvorchlag deaktiviert habe. Na, gut. Falsche Trennungen gelten inzwischen ja nicht mehr als Fehler. Da kann ich mir das auch mal erlauben 😉

Seltsam ist es aber doch, dass ein professionelles Programm, dass man ja wirklich nicht geschenkt bekommt (bei Scribus und selbst bei Affinity Publisher – wenn der doch Fußnoten könnte! – würde ich ja nichts sagen) so schlampig gearbeitet ist, dass es einem diese Mitteilung zumutet, die übersetzt doch wohl heißt: »Da ist ein Fehler, aber wir sagen dir nicht, wo und was. Ätschi-bätschi!« Egal. Ich nehme es hin, wie es ist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines