Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange looking page numbers in Pages Panel

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I have recieved a book from our team overseas and when I opened the file I have this strange looking page numbers that I can see within the Pages Panel, please check attachment... Any idea how to fix? BTW we all using the same InDesign version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plrease try to reapply Numbering&Section options, from de Pages menu, select the Automatic Page Numbering radio button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, still no luck 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is somewhat corrupted, you can save it as *.IDML and then open it in InDesign to see it restored correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply, but tried that and yet it is no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like if the document was made in arabic type direction.

Try to use the information here: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/arabic-hebrew.html

or you mean the vertical lines near the digits? So, could you please show the Numbering & Section Options panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it could be it. I though about that possibility but I am not familiar with RTL, right to left, documents.

A capture of only the area of the pages panel will show bigger and easier to read. sequenece number is 3-2, 5-4,... and those lines are [ and ] (square brackets) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Numbering & Section Options panel can show what are the symbols around the digits and how they were made. For direction, try to follow the information under my link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do believe these vertical lines the poster is worried about, and I believe they are manageable via "Numbering & Section Options" panel as you said. By the way the lines aren't related specifically to Arabic language of the said document but the designer may have placed the lines in "Section Prefix" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Anna,

Yes the file is Arabic (RTL) but we used to have Arabic files before with no issues at all. kindly find the Numbering below

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be very specific about what you are trying to solve? 

Are you trying to get the pages to number from left to right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

think it through @Ahmad Sleem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines