• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange problem: Pasting text to InDesign CC2015 always adds cyan color

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I paste a text into any InDesign document in InDesign CC2015 – it also imports the color 100% cyan to my swatch library. (They text is still black though, and there is no background color or anything.)

Anyone knows why this happens?!?

Not a big deal but quite odd...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Another note on this.

What is not working:

Changing the default fill color of paragraph shading, if you are changing the defaults of your "Basic Paragraph Style" when no document is open to "None" and proceed.

You still have a swatch named "C=100 M=0 Y=0 K=0" that is in use. I suspect, that fill color "C=100 M=0 Y=0 K=0" is part of the "invisible" "No Paragraph Style" paragraph style. And "Basic Paragraph Style" is based on "No Paragraph Style".

Just tested this by scripting (ExtendScript/JavaScript

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/rob+day  wrote

… I would think everyone who upgraded from 2015 might have to clean their migrated prefs in order to get the change to [Black]?

Hi Rob,

cleaning Preferences and Caches would not help.

Just did that with CC 2018.1. The problem persists.

You really have to uninstall.

And during a reinstall you must not migrate preferences.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same with 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Although an old thread, but because it has come at the top again due to some comments, I would like to add that this issue has been fixed with CC 2018 release of InDesign. With this release, we have changed the default Paragraph Shading colour from Cyan to 20% tint [Black].

Thus for all new documents, the shading color that will come by default will not be Cyan. You will also not be seeing "Cyan" in used swatches list when it is not actually being used in the document.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman,

I appreciated this change very much.

Thanks,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines