Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange Shifting or Misalignment

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm reaching out in hopes of some feedback/suggestions on an issue that has been happening for any and all files opened in InDesign. Hardware is a Latitude 5511 running Windows 10. Further specs: the computer meets all the system requirements noted for the version 18.1 of InDesign being used. These weird misalignments do not reproduce when the files are opened in InDesign on other computers. Also to note, ANY document opened whether it originated with me or from another team member gives this problem. No other program gives this type of issue in documents. Once the works are produced onto paper this doesn't reproduce there. Haven't been able to find much on this except for it being something that has been happening with newer releases of InDesign...but has anyone else experienced this? 

PostEx1.jpgPostEx2.jpg

TOPICS
Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to see if there is any difference if you activate/deactivate GPU performance in the InDesign Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, Rene: GPU Preference options was never developed for Windows computers. Mac only. Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best guess is that it's an application corruption. I suggest you reset the InDesign preferences. If that doesn't work uninstall then reinstall InDesign, if that doesn't resolve the issue use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall InDesign then reinstall it again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines