Exit

stroke issues

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Desperately seeking assistance please!!

I am extremley new to this software so I apoligise in adavance for the terms I use.

I have made a design in illustrator in which I am now required to put into indesign. When doing so, the black strokes become visible, appearing as somewhat of purple/brown colour. The design is made with black strokes and the same black to fill, so in illustrator the design is one solid colour and obviously blends seamlessly.

Any advice on how I can stop this from happening? I have tried changing the resolution.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the File > Place command? Or Copy/Paste from AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane, I believe I used 'Import File' in indesign, and brought the design in that way. I can see under the file tab in illustrator that there is a 'place' option, is this the same as place command?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In InDesign: File > Place. There is a checkbox that says "Show Import Options." This displays a dialog with some additional options that may or may not help in this case. 

I would perhaps first check the color of the stroke in Illustrator and make doubly-sure it's the same as the fill. Just because a color displays as black on the screen, doesn't mean it's 100% black, or the same as another apparent black. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines