Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swahili hyphenation

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, guys.

I have a problem, and I'd like some help. I have to design a book in Swahili, but I couldn't find this language at the paragraph styles so that I can hyphenate the text. How can I hyphenate a Swahili text in inDesign?

Thks.

Mateus Advincola

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

I did a Google search on Swahili and was unable to find a reference to a dictionary for the Swahili language in InDesign.

However, there may be a way of using this Hunspell spellchecker but I wouldn't know how:

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/extensions/show/swahili-dictionary

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Mateus, if you download the file "Release 202109" from the link that Steve posted, you can add a .zip to the end of the filename and unzip the file. Inside, there's a file called "hyph_sw_TZ.dic" which has a set of Swahili hyphenation rules. You can install those hyphenation rules according to these instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome. 

(unfortunately, no one's responded to your post and that's disappointing.  have your tried to google the problem?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a Google search on Swahili and was unable to find a reference to a dictionary for the Swahili language in InDesign.

However, there may be a way of using this Hunspell spellchecker but I wouldn't know how:

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/extensions/show/swahili-dictionary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mateus, if you download the file "Release 202109" from the link that Steve posted, you can add a .zip to the end of the filename and unzip the file. Inside, there's a file called "hyph_sw_TZ.dic" which has a set of Swahili hyphenation rules. You can install those hyphenation rules according to these instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Joel, I was hoping you would show up to answer this topic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I called Adobe support, and they helped me. It wordked already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had. But I was able to solve the problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines