• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swap type, type 1

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im working on a book with several chapters that was created a couple of years ago. Opening up this book dokument I first had a varning that it included Type 1 typefaces that won't be supported by Adobe in/after 2023, and that they should preferably be exchanged to another type. I wasn't sure how to go about changing all of it so called Adobe support.  The support helped out and it looked like it was all good. But now when I select text it seems like its still the Type 1 version (from the scroll down list of fonts.)
Unfortunatly, the Adobe support closed the blue warning message (that I had intended to keep) so I can't see the warning about what typefaces may be in Type 1 anymore. He also informed it that it was a one-time-message and wouldn't come back. 

Do you have any suggestions to how :
1/ I can control if/where I still have Type 1 typefaces in this large document (more than 10 chapters and interviews, 200 pages)?
2/ How I go about changing them everywhere in as easy a way as possible? 
( I m thinking I must go into my paragraph malls and change each and every one of them and then syncronize all chapters). But am afraid this will create a lot of work later due to the changes.Skärmavbild 2021-12-07 kl. 10.42.37.png 

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Unfortunatly, the Adobe support closed the blue warning message (that I had intended to keep) so I can't see the warning about what typefaces may be in Type 1 anymore. He also informed it that it was a one-time-message and wouldn't come back. "

Hi defaultux4n45wne4v5,

to get this message back: Quit InDesign, trash the InDesign preferences, restart InDesign.

Better: Check under Type > Find/Change Fonts…

There you can see if any Type 1 fonts are used in your document.

From my German InDesign:

17.0.1-Message-NoType1FontUsedWithText.PNG

In this case the count of  Type 1 fonts used on text in the document is exactly zero.

My Find/Change Fonts… panel is telling me this. Trust this panel!

The blue message bar however is misleading. There is one Type 1 font used in a not-used Character Style.

Find/Change Fonts… cannot see this. The other 36 Type 1 font styles were used in the past, but are not used anymore. Still the message detects the old entries somewhere in the document's code.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines