• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swatches in the drop shadow panel are super saturated/wrong colour

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when i choose a pastel swatch as my shadow colour it appears in the drop shadow panel to be very saturated and the drop shadow itself is very saturated, as can be seen in the image. I'd like the drop shadow swatch to match the swatches panel colour. thoughts? Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Thanks Rob, so just a minor glitch then. I can work with that. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your Transparency Blend Space (Edit > Transparency Blend Space) is set to CMYK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cast shadow is saturated in your screenshot because the blending mode is set for multiply. This is the default blending mode for a drop shadow. The reason for this is that the shadow needs to be able to blend with the background color to appear as a natural shadow and is thus multiplied against the background color. If you were to change the blending mode to normal then the color would lighten but it would pop out against the background rather than blending with it as an actual shadow would. How the color appears in the Effects dialog window does not affect the actual color and does not functionally matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JacquesCapeTown , I’m seeing the same, looks like the color icon inside of the Effects panel is not color managed—the Effect Color panel is color managed. It’s most evident if you are picking a CMYK color, but the problem is limited to the small icon in the Effects dialog:

Screen Shot 13.pngScreen Shot 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rob, so just a minor glitch then. I can work with that. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines