• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronizing workspaces

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do 99% of my work on my desktop PC, but occasionally I will need to work on files using my Dell XPS-13 laptop. Can I synchronize workspace, color palettes, etc, between my two instances of InDesign, and if so, how can I do it?

My second question is how can I make sure all my documents and support files (fonts, links) are visible on my laptop. I am currently using Dropbox and files are there OK, but if I work on a document on the desktop, it won't show up as recently-used on the laptop when I sign in to that.

Please and thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Sorry for the confusion. If you have already arranged the workspace as per your preference, you can copy & paste the same folder for the workspace presets on both computers. Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PeterD-NJ ,

Thank you for reaching out. To synchronize the workspaces, you can try the suggestions shared here.

Regarding your second question, apart from DropBox, you can also use Adobe CC Storage. For more information, please check this article. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That first link doesn't address the problem that I have. That link is specific to importing the settings from an older version into the current version. I am trying to get the current versions' setting to be identical on both platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. If you have already arranged the workspace as per your preference, you can copy & paste the same folder for the workspace presets on both computers. Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that worked, but I was hoping for this to be something synced in the cloud. So long as I can keep my document colours and custom workspace intact that's really all that matters. Illustrator is a bit more critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that! If you have query related to Illustrator, you can always post it on the Illustrator community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the exact same issue--brushes, swatches, and colors need to be the same. I'll see if this process works for AI as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines