• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Shortcuts not working in 16.1

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm experiencing some troubles when doing simple system shortcuts like duplicating by pressing option, fixing horizontal or vertical movements by pressing shift, and so on.

It is something related to the update, or there is something I can do to reset these shortcuts?

Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Hi!

In the end it was something related with the system after updating to the last version of Mac OS. There were several apps launched when booting up the system that "corrupted" some shortcuts.

By changing the preferences of these apps, it worked.

Thank you for the tips anyways! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the functions that you mention work in the latest release of InDesign. It sounds like there's something going on with your system. Have you tried another keyboard possibly? It might also be worth resetting your InDesign preferences to rule out any corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Jordi:

Let's check some topics.

At firts, check the behaviour of the special keys you mentioned in the system preferences panel refering to keyboard.

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-22 a las 13.17.22.png

As a second test, I recomend you to try another keyboard. It's strange you loose the system keys functionality.

And the last try, here you are my shortcuts file as an attached file. Put it in this locations.

Imac/Usuarios/imac/Libreria/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 7.5/es_ES/InDesign Shortcut Sets

The path may vary, I'm using an old Mac OS X 10.5.8) with InDesign CS5.5 in spanish system. You can find the specific location of your system/version in the Adobe help.

NOTE: in order to be able to send this file, I changed the extension adding a ".xml" (".indk" extension is not permited). Erase it before use the file.

Once the file is in place, you can use my shortcuts from "Edit/Shortcuts..." and selecting it from the first list. If now the keys works, that was the problem. You can configure my file to your liking or try to obtain the original file from the instalation disk, or elsewhere.

I hope you solve this soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

In the end it was something related with the system after updating to the last version of Mac OS. There were several apps launched when booting up the system that "corrupted" some shortcuts.

By changing the preferences of these apps, it worked.

Thank you for the tips anyways! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines