• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Cells

Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone, i have  indesign file of 200 pages that i create mostly in table that is mixture of rows and columns, and i link most of the pages together , but what i am facing issue is that when i add rows my data move forward in all those spread that i linked , what i want when i add rows in page data dont go forward in to another page or spread without breaking link , is that possible to do without unbreaking link

thanks in advance

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

You can only compensate for that if you change the height of the text frame(s) where the table rows are running through. So you first could change the height and then add the rows or the other way around. In any case there are two changes in composition.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi@rehana36276218 ,

you could change the height of the text frame holding that part of the table where you add or remove rows.

Or what do you have in mind to compensate for adding rows? Scale the contents of all rows before you add aditional rows?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laubender, i want to add rows in a table where tables are link together , if i add or delete rows in any page , my data of 200 pages will automatically move, i dont want to move data in link tables , simple is that , or indesign doesn't has this function to control text flow in spread individually ...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only compensate for that if you change the height of the text frame(s) where the table rows are running through. So you first could change the height and then add the rows or the other way around. In any case there are two changes in composition.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you wanted to have each page as a separate entity - then why have you linked TextFrames?

Or you should've made separate tables - and apply to them - or rather to parent paragraph - StartOnNextPage or StartInNextTextFrame.

Then - as already mentioned - resize bottom edge of the TextFrames to compensate for extra row(s) and resize local table/rows accordingly - manually every time you add/delete/resize row(s).

Anyway - it can still be automated 😉 

▒► ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard ◄▒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dear i have 200 pages accounts book that i made in tables, i linked text frames beacuse if client give me additional data to add some rows between any spread  then i become mad to manually add and  push all data in 200 pages , that is why indesign introuduce text thread right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines