Hello Adobe Community I'm using Indesign and have created a table, the upper cells row I have done as Header and introduced an image in each cell. The header repeats in each single page after and this is fine. The problem appears when exporting in pdf where the header appears only on the first page and not on the followings. File was created with CS3 first than converted to the last indesign. Thanks alot for your help. Beppe
Can you share IDML of this doc?
Reply to your original post, then you will get to see option for attachment. Or after replying click on More... and Edit reply, then you will see attachment option.
Copy link to clipboard
it seems that indesign fails to export to pdf the headers of tables that contain graphic cells.
you could avoid the problem by anchoring images in text cells
you could also submit bug repport here
I also tried it, but it seems to happen after InDesign CC2015 (ver 11.x).
I think this must be a bug.
At least my verification did not happen in CC2014 (ver 10.x)
Why don't you try it there if possible?
This is still a bug in InDesign 16.1
Please fix it!
I tried this with my own table, my own image and with a new InDesign 2021 document on Windows 10.
See no issues with PDF export to e.g. PDF/X-4. All the images are there. Also in the repeated table header rows.
You can download my test documents from my Dropbox account:
( ACP )
thanks for providing a sample document from InDesign CC 2019 version 220.127.116.113.
I did a test where I exchanged the missing images in the table header that consists of graphic cells with some of my own images on page 2. Exported to PDF/X-4.
And yes, I can confirm, that the table header images of the table with the 125 body table rows were not repeated through PDF export on pages 3 to 7 even if the layout is showing them! That's a severe bug.
Also exported to IDML, opened in InDesign 2021 version 18.104.22.168 on Windows 10 and had the same results.
Later I will try to create the table from scratch to see if the issue still exists in a new document with 22.214.171.124. Could be that your sample document is damaged because it started its life with InDesign CS3, was saved with CS4 and InDesign CC 2015 and finally worked on with InDesign CC 2019.
NOTE TO MYSELF:
In April 2021 I tried this with a table from scratch with InDesign 2021. There was no issue.
But it could well be, that the issue is only showing with more header rows and a more complex table.
( ACP )
Here the bug report that a "Anonymous" did in :
Table graphic cell header disappear when exporting to pdf
Anonymous, October 29, 2020
( ACP )