• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of contents - page numbers being pushed to next line even with plenty of space

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm setting up a book in Indesign, it's a 2nd edition. Have put in the Table of Contents, but for a few of the entries the page numbers are randomly getting pushed to the next line. (See screenshots).  It only affects a few of the entries, most are fine. I've fiddled with with the Tabs in Paragraph style to try to fix it (it is right aligned as I saw suggested in another post). As you'll see from the screenshot there aren't any extra tab spaces or space, just the tab. (I manually checked too). I checked that the Paragraph style is properly applied and that there aren't any Character styles applied. Anyone have the same issue and able to solve it? Many thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Nevermind, discovered the issue! There were some invisible frames with text wrap applied — I didn't have show frame edges on so I didn't see them! I hope this helps someone else! Haha!   '^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind, discovered the issue! There were some invisible frames with text wrap applied — I didn't have show frame edges on so I didn't see them! I hope this helps someone else! Haha!   '^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines