• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents will not extend to other documents in my book file

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book file with three documents attached to it but I cannot seem to get the TOC to extend to all the documents to pick up all the content I need. The TOC only picks up the first section (and I have "include book files" selected). All my sections are synced to pick up all paragraph styles I've used in my document but it never picks up any other sections.

Help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all of the book documents open when you generate the TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, All the book files are open when I created the TOC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though the styles are synchronized, are they USED in the other documents, that is, the style is actually applied to the text?

Are the styles you are looking for the EXACT same name throughout the book, including in the same groups/folders if used?

If not the same name, are all the variations added to the TOC Style?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check not only the precise spelling of the style names that have been applied, but also the folder and name of the folder those styles are in. Sometimes it's the folder name that causes the problem

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines