• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table styles don't work

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, after a whole day searching the net, I ask you, what do I do wrong?

I want to automate my workflow, have a lot of books coming up with tables in them. So I made a tablestyle with embedded in it, the cellstyles, the paragraph styles in the cell styles etc. It works but also it doesnt work. What happens is that I can change the tables to said tablestyle but... the cellstyles are not active. So if I want to change something in the cell styles, it doesnt change in the table style.

I made a cell style "header row" (and a body row and a footer row):Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 20.15.19.png

I made a table style with the cell styles in it:

the Table styles with cell stylesthe Table styles with cell styles

But when I use this table style on the tables in my manuscript, the table looks good, but has no cell styles. On the picture I selected the body-rows but they are NONE cell style.

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 20.18.36.png

HELP!

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you hit a nasty known InDesign bug that has been with us a loooong time: applying the Table Styles with Cell Styles fail to show that in the Cell styles Window.

It should be fixed in version 2023 (you don't mention your version nor OS, please do, that helps 😉  )

Bug ID - ID-4068583

Be the first to vote
Click

to add your vote!" data-original-title="">

Table Styles using Cell styles: cell styles not highlighted in Cell Styles window

Posted by - on Oct 4, 2015, 10:18 AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this really a bug? According to me, and as the screenshot shows, the cell style is applied and its name is displayed at the bottom of the panel, as it is displayed when a nested style or a grep style is applied.

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 20.18.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the strange part isn't it: it shows the correct style at the bottom but it does not get highlighted in the panel 😉 We called it a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's so nice of you to answer my question! Yes, sthat is strange, isn't it? But its definately not working/aka a bug, because when I change cell-style "body-row" the changes are not applied in the tables with the table-style with cell style "body-row" in them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Frans, I learned to be cautious about getting the newest version of InDesign, but if this is a bug fixed I try immediately!

Now, my next question is: is there a possibility to find all tables (all text in the tables has a special paragraph-style "TableText") and apply tablestyle to all in 1 go? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines