• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tables stored in CC Library to update globally when edited

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Is it possible to drop a styled table in CC Library to use as a template, and have any changes to that library item globally update where the asset is placed?

I'm finding that it stores my table as a it into a "graphic''. I was hoping it would behave similar to a smart object in Photoshop, so when edited within the library, it updates globally. For a bit of context, I'm using a data merge plugin (Easycatalogue) to create a catalogue, and I'm creating templates of tables which I hope to drop in and out of my CC Library.

I hope that this makes sense! 

This is the table in InDesign (grouped with a image frame)

Damien5FC1_1-1630039099039.png

Here it is dropped in the CC Library. I'm hoping to have edits made to this library asset affect the my above screen shot.

Damien5FC1_0-1630038972856.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you ned to use a library to accomplish this? If you save the table as an InDesign file you can place it in other InDEsign files. One change to the table will affect all files into which it is placed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion, I just tested it out.

If were not for the data merge I have applied to the table, that would work. I'm applying field specifiers within the table, which is talking to a CSV file. Using the library seems to maintain those field specifiers, which is great, but sadly dropping in another indesign file doesn't maintain the link. Great suggestion though, it hadn't occured to me to try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines