• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tablets e notebooks

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quais tablets e notebooks que funcionem o Photoshop, InDesigne e Illustrator?

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

There are no tablet versions other than a variation of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no tablet versions other than a variation of Photoshop.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> a variation of Photoshop.

Is not a real DESKTOP Photoshop. Tablet and smartphones is an evil.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tablet and smartphones is an evil.

By @Geоrge

??? What are you talking about? How are they "Evil"? And what does this have to do with the OP's question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years and three days later, both Photoshop and Illustrator have iOS versions. I wouldn't call them evil. I would call them limited—they are very handy when you are on the road but they don't have the full feature set of the macOS asnd Windows applications. 

Photoshop for iPad

Illustrator for iPad

There is not a version of InDesign that will run on an iPad.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for those of us outside the Garden, there's one crummy image tool misusing the Photoshop name. 🙂

Put me down among those who think the development effort, budget and aims should exclude mobile devices. I see no good end to that road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only proper tablet-based PS and Illustrator alternatives that I know of are Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo running on the iPad. The devs are working on Affinity Publisher for iPad as well, which opens InDesign IDML files.

I wouldn't mind being able to open and edit InDesign files on the road! 🙂

Krita's developers also released a fully featured Android version, which may serve as a Photoshop replacement of sorts. And of course there is Photopea, which is a web-based Photoshop clone that opens PSD files (but still limited in regards to bit depth supporting 8bit only).

So there are a few options out there for those of us wanting to work on tablets with desktop-grade design software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the block for InDesign is its reliance on linked assets, which have to be local. It wouldn’t be uncommon for a book or magazine to have gigabytes of placed links, and currently the mobile OSs don’t have the file systems needed to handle linked assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that's a technical hurdle.

I think the real limitation, for all of these apps except maybe PS, is that it would reduce their functionality to that of laparascopic surgery. Which appeals to some, or at least seems reasonable, I guess. But.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines