• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabs Crashing Indesign

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, I seem to be having issues with tabs in indesign. Eveytime I go to open the tabs window my indesign crashes - I basically cant use tabs which is very problamatic when you do Annual Reports for a living - Please Help!!!!!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2), Using Indesign 2020

I cant upgrade any more due to my macs age. So I need a fix. It just started happening  - I had not updated anything on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your InDesign preferences. This will restore the program to its defaults and, hopefully, fix this issue.

To do so on a Mac:

The User Library folder in which InDesignā€™s preferences are stored is hidden by default on most Macintoshes. To access it make sure that InDesign is closed and click on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N). With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (itā€™s the folder with an icon that looks like a houseā€”it may have the userā€™s name rather than ā€œHomeā€) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. ā€œLibraryā€ will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the folder called ā€œAdobe InDesignā€ and the file called ā€œcom.adobe.InDesign.plistā€ and delete both that folder and that file. When InDesign is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

The advantage of manually deleting preference files in this manner is that after youā€™ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized ā€œmintā€ preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying themā€”that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Couple of things to add to Bill's reply:

-- does this happen with different documents, or just one document? If the one document, save out as .idml (Save as >) and try again

-- if you don't need multiple or backup pref files as Bill's technique allows, you can also delete the preferences file for InDesign, InCopy, or any other program in the Creative Suite by quitting the program, then hold down the Command-Option-Shift-Ctrl keys (on Windows, hold down Control-Alt-Shift) while you start the program up again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines