Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tEb open-source CEP Extension builder

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
I've been following this forum for years, I've learned a lot here. Now I would like to share my project with you all.

I wrote it 2 years ago, but now do I have the opportunity to share it publicly.
teb-dev-tools 

It is a developer environment that enables quick creation of CEP extensions for Adobe CC package applications. I know we already have UXP extensions in newer technology, but these tools, thanks to their simplicity, may still come in handy especially for beginner programmers.
With them you can easily transform scripts found on the Internet into your own palette.
Take a look at the tutorial.

In case of any problems, you can write to me on the forum. You can find the address in the project description. I will try to help as much as I can.

Today, I create extensions professionally, but I would like to get involved in open-source projects. I have a cool idea for InDesign UXP extension for creating mathematical equations. I am not satisfied with the solutions available on the market, UXP technology opens up new possibilities.
Maybe there will be enthusiasts for such a project.

Regards,
Tomek

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this, Tomek! Very interesting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I have a cool idea for InDesign UXP extension for creating mathematical equations. I am not satisfied with the solutions available on the market

I wonder if you're aware of this discussion then:

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/indesign/discussion/2375/math-expressions-support-in-indesign/p1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I've read this thread.

From what I see, this is a very early stage. A few years ago, I wrote an extension to InDesign supporting MathType. It includes positioning, processing, exporting and styling of equations.

TomekM73_0-1708499907223.png

Now I have a concept for a much more advanced product. I have experience with books that had thousands of math equation and I see much greater needs. I focused on thinking about what features an object with a math equation should have in order for it to fit well in the text. I'm thinking about long phrases, about dividing them and wrapping texts above and below them. I thought about how this could be solved from a programmer's point of view.

I don't know if the team would like to see my vision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines