• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temporarily select Selection keyboard shortcut not working

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, for years, used the Command key to temporarily change my text tool into a selection tool so that I can change the shape of the toolbox. I have also, for years, used the Option + Command keys to change the type tool to a dual selection cursor so that I can duplicate a box. Both of these are no longer working for me and have no idea why. It's time consuming to constantly switch to the selection tool then back to type again.

Can anyone tell me why this might have changed? I am on a MacBook Pro, macOS Monterey v.12.3.1, InDesign v.17.2 ... thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

It could be another application interfering with your shortcuts. On system start, launch only InDesign and then check if shortcuts work or not. You could even try by launching your MAC in safe mode to identify if it indeed is a rouge application causing trouble

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html

You could try trashing your InDesign preferences as well

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be another application interfering with your shortcuts. On system start, launch only InDesign and then check if shortcuts work or not. You could even try by launching your MAC in safe mode to identify if it indeed is a rouge application causing trouble

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html

You could try trashing your InDesign preferences as well

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the tardy reply. A clean restart did the trick. Thank you all for your feedback, Adobe is the best,=. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @acmegfx:

Just confirming that both shortcuts still work for me. 

macOS 12.1

InDesign 2022 17.2

Let us know if @Manan Joshi's suggestions worked for you. Sometimes the interfering application autoloads when you start up your Mac. Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items for a list of apps set to launch on startup. Webroot is cited more often than most.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines