• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text behaving diferently

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to explain this properly, but I'm editing a file for my client, and some texts box behave diferently then other. I cant type in the begining of the sentence and when you move the cursor to the end of the text, it pops back up in the beggining.

I see the the "normal" paragraphs have the symbol # at the end, but the "weird" ones have the # at the begining. How do I change that?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see on your video icons for the RTL support - but maybe it will help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-to-instill-rtl-text-direction-right-to-left/...

If not - then maybe you need to either trash InDesign's preferrences - or your file is corrupted and you need to do IDMLing - export as IDML, open, save with a new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jean Carlos30478276sjs6 ,

as I can see clearly in your video the marker for end of story is at the left. That indicates a story or a paragraph that is running from left to right right to left as it is necessary for Arabic or Hebrew typesetting. Without the Arabic or Hebrew version of InDesign installed on top of your Spanish version you could try the following:

Remove all paragraph overrides of the applied paragraph style [Paragrapho basico].

If that will not work, add a new document, create a new paragraph style that is not based on [Paragrapho basico], apply it to some text and copy the text frame to the other document. Then copy the text that starts with "Conexión…" to the clipboard and Paste without formatting the contents of the clipboard to the text frame you copied over from the new document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jean Carlos30478276sjs6 ,

as I can see clearly in your video the marker for end of story is at the left. That indicates a story or a paragraph that is running from left to right as it is necessary for Arabic or Hebrew typesetting.

[....]

By @Laubender

I think you meant right to left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, of course i did.

( I'll edit my post above… )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines