Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Text bugs when copying content from Middle Eastern version of InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have observed the following bugs when copying text items from a document made with the Middle Eastern version of Indesign 2021 to English version (16.3.2): 
Paragraph alignment flips from left to right (also indicated in settings, but not in applied styles) and the text adopts a right-to-left setting.

JonatanH_1-1629356137489.png

Further, there appears to be a bug with the World-Ready paragraph composer where the final punctuation on a row gets pushed to the beginning if the text was composed in the ME version. If text is copied without formatting, applying the world-ready composer does not produce this bug.
Changing the composer on copied text also fixes it, although it recurs if the World-Ready composer is reapplied.

JonatanH_2-1629356405623.png

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021
In thw ME version take care that text direction is correct for all instances, specially paragraph and character styles. Then it should work. Use the World Ready Composer for those paragraphs where you have RTL content, as it has a very poor hyphenation and if you export tagged PDFs an additional characcter appears above the hyphenation dash.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In thw ME version take care that text direction is correct for all instances, specially paragraph and character styles. Then it should work. Use the World Ready Composer for those paragraphs where you have RTL content, as it has a very poor hyphenation and if you export tagged PDFs an additional characcter appears above the hyphenation dash.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines