• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text conversion

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to send a PDF file to printer - who required all text be converted to outline. The process i used until now - using the transparency flettner for some reason is noo longer working. also cannot convert each spread since have many tables - which do not really convert. any ideas? 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yonina,

if that is really required, and technically it should not be required when all necessary fonts are included in the PDF, you could use Acrobat Pro to convert all texts to outlines.

Open the exported PDF in Acrobat Pro DC.

Go to Print Production > Preflight

Select "Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles".
Then list and select Single Fix Ups > Document > Convert fonts to outlines

Now run the single fix up with button Fix.

Screenshot from Acrobat Pro:

ConvertFontsToOutlines-AcrobatPro.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!!!! Uwe Laubender, Thank you so much! have wasted many hours on this, you are a life saver 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many would suggest, if possible, you change your printer. Outlining text is not recommended, apart from some very specific workflows, such as to achieve some artistic effect, or for sending artwork to sign cutting or similar systems that cannot handle text as realized via fonts. When you “outline text” you end up with a bloated PDF file that takes longer to display or print, that may yield blotchy overly-bold looking text, it is not searchable, and cannot be edited in Acrobat (for text touchup). 

(With thanks to Dov)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Unfortunately the printer is my customer's choice, not mine. It's in China, and i understnand this is somewhat common for printers in China. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One tip: the transparency flattener was never made to be a handy font outliner. It only does the mimimum that it must do to flatten transparency, its only job. So if there is no transparency, it will do nothing. Also if it can work without outlining text it may do this. Many people find and share this trick, but it is not reliable.

I agree that you should find a printer who does not expect you to do bad things to your documents to overcome their own (the printer's) weaknesses or misunderstandings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Unfortunately the printer is my customer's choice, not mine. It's in China, and i understnand this is somewhat common for printers in China. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines