Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text crumbles and WYS is not WYG

Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I run an Imac Os Monterey 12.5.1. retrina 5K, 27 inch, 2020. 3,3 ghz 6 core intel core i5, 16 gb memory Mhz DDR4, AMD radeon pro 5300 4 gb

When ever i produce a book (usually 160-800 pages), during scolling through pages, the text on the next page is often not what it should be. It is usually text of a previous page. Futhermore the text crumbles.  Refreshing usually solves it, but i cannot trust what is on the screen. Sometimes i have to manually put a hard return after a sentence, to force reflow to be correct. After i mentioned this problem earlier, i added 8 gb of memory. Still not solved. Am i alone in this matter?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Best,

peter

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

turning off gpu looks like it solves the wrong text on a page. Crumbling still there

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off GPU performance in the prefs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter!. I did that during the other issue (disaapearing text). I gives some solution, but it makes the process slow. I rally want to find out what is the actual cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turning off gpu looks like it solves the wrong text on a page. Crumbling still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2022-09-05 om 20.24.40.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-09-05 om 20.20.27.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font are you using?

I think we might have seen something like this before where a font withthe same name is activated from Google FOnts and from Adobe Fonts at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks peter. Appreaciate it. Font is Calluna. And its not activated in Google fonts. But it happens with multiple fonts. Minion pro, renard, sabon ltd you name it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for updated video drivers?

I'm about out of ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. Yes, but apple says the driver is automatically updated with any system upgrade. I also checked for hardware failures through apple diagnose. Nothing wrong.... I really looked at all posbilities. cant find it.... Driving me insane...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A habit I use is to NOT scrollbar to pages, but rather use a double-click in the Pages panel to target/view pages. Also, instead of scrollbars, I often use Opt/Alt PageDown or PageUp. These techniques help make sure that InDesign refreshes the view of the page properly.

(Your problem does sound like you should turn off the GPU, which is often the source of display problems.)

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tha ks Mike. I will give it a try. But i dont get why it happens. Its bloody annoying:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been lots of issues on this board lately with corrupted font caches, so I'm going to suggest you clear yours to see if that solves anything. Your Mac has several: system-level caches, and also app-specific caches (Adobe, Quark, etc). If you have a font manager or a utility like Onyx or Cockatil, these usually haave scripts to delete font caches. You can also find instaructions on how to do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran Onyx. The crumbling is still there. Its less then before. The isssue with wrong text on pages seems to be solved. I will keep an eye on future projects. Thanks Brad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not yet solved. Without gpu better but slow, with gpu fast but problems. Bloody annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines