• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text default font is wingdings and I can't change it

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I create a text box it defaults to wingdings font and is driving me crazy as I can't seem to change it anywhere - any suggestions

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

The way I suggested is for use as a default on new documents only. You have to change individual documents that have had their defaults already set.

Regarding Manan’s suggestion, this is wise if you're exchanging InDesign documents with others, if you're working only on your own documents, you might as well choose the defaults to suit you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the font, size and leading to your preferred choice with no document open then close and reopen InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying - I have gone in and change the paragraph style with no documents open etc but when I open the document I am working on it is still defaulting to wingdings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't change the paragraph style(certainly avoid changing the Basic Paragraph Style at all costs), just use the toolbar to change these settings.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I suggested is for use as a default on new documents only. You have to change individual documents that have had their defaults already set.

Regarding Manan’s suggestion, this is wise if you're exchanging InDesign documents with others, if you're working only on your own documents, you might as well choose the defaults to suit you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - how do I change a default font in an existing document? I have worked out how to set this to the default I need so I change this each time now to normal from basic paragraph but neither of them are set to wingdings.I have no idea how wingdings became the default font when creating a text box

roslynr84351243_0-1629871492978.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines