• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Disappeared

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magically (I don't know what I did) the text inside some text frames in my Document dissapeared the Text is still viewable in the story editor but the texct frames show nothing

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Hi,

Can you include the exact version of your softwre, operating system and a screenshot?

If you turn on the 'Type>Show Hidden Characters' to see all the invisible characters, you might have a clue in case you have a return that pushes the text to the next frame, or in the paragraph style, check if your settings force your paragraph to stay together (Keep Options)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Hi yeshayac,

are you able to select some characters in that text frames even if you can see nothing when you preview the page?

Could be that your text frame is set to non-printing and you watch the page with Overprint Preview enabled.

Other reasons:

The text is filled with color [None] or color [Paper] .

The text frame is overset. There could be various reasons for that.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you include the exact version of your softwre, operating system and a screenshot?

If you turn on the 'Type>Show Hidden Characters' to see all the invisible characters, you might have a clue in case you have a return that pushes the text to the next frame, or in the paragraph style, check if your settings force your paragraph to stay together (Keep Options)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Further to my problem, I deleted it out of Dreamweaver then re-imported and now the text has disappeared from my files when I open it on a browser too! Within Dreamweaver it is there in the code view. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yeshayac,

are you able to select some characters in that text frames even if you can see nothing when you preview the page?

Could be that your text frame is set to non-printing and you watch the page with Overprint Preview enabled.

Other reasons:

The text is filled with color [None] or color [Paper] .

The text frame is overset. There could be various reasons for that.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, the text was filled with colour. I set it to 'none' and that fixed it. This has solved my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines