Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text disappears after resizing text box

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Whenever I adjust the size of a text box to a little bit smaller than the text itself, the actual text seems to sort of disappear. I want the text to automatically fit the text box. Is there a way?

Many thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I adjust the size of a text box to a little bit smaller than the text itself, the actual text seems to sort of disappear. I want the text to automatically fit the text box. Is there a way?

Well, seems logical to me that the teext disappears if the frame is too small.

What you are looking for is “fit frame to content”. Shortcut is Cmd (Mac) Alt C or Ctrl (Windows) Alt C, or this icon in the control panel

Capture d’écran 2021-03-05 à 13.28.36.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would agree except for the fact it disn't always work this way. Previous versions allowed the text to flow (even with hyphenation off). Allowing text to flow seems logical to me, not to make the entire frame contents disappear. Its more about keeping things consistent for users....something Adobe seems to completey neglect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jimmyp72928092,

seems that you change the width or height of the text frame so that the text is running into overset.

Do it a bit differently:

Fit the text frame to its contents automatically in various ways. Look the functions up in the text frame options.

After doing this you could scale the text frame together with the text to a new size. Use the percentage input fields of the Control panel or the Properties panel for this.

Note: You could also input values like e.g. 100 mm into the percentage input fields.

InDesign will calculate the new size.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines