• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text disappears when resizing text frame

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally created a document at a particular page size, but am having to make the page size smaller, and therefore adjust all of the text frames. Throughout most of the document, things have gone according to plan. But about midway through, the text disappears when I resize a text box. Hyphenation is turned off (I need it turned off for the finished product - also, this error doesn't happen when I turn hyphenation back on), and no break is turned off. There are no underlying or overlapping boxes with text wrap, just a single text frame on a single page. Any ideas? I've already downloaded the prerelease and run into the same issue there.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the page with the hidden characters visible? Maybe there is a column break?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are shots with the invisible characters - both with the hyphenation on (1st), and the hyphenation off (2nd).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the images with the hidden characters - full set has hyphenation on, blank pages is with hyphenation off. Break occurs after this line when hyphenated " vice president, and finally president after Dennis retired."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your problem is that long string of text separated by non-breaking spaces. If you don't allow hyphenation there is no way for InDesign to fit the entire string on a line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines