• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text flow arrows and pasteboard separator disappeared

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  In the niddle of some work I, obviously, hit a combination of keys.

The result was the pasteboard went blue, the divider between each of the spreads pasteboard went the same colour and the text flow arrows between the text frames disappeared,

Colour is now back to normal but the divider between the different spreads is still missing as is the text flow arrows.  

I have reset the guides, changed the colours, reset. the workspace and, I think have done everything I can do to go back to 'normal'.  My next step is to uninstall and re-install but, I hope, someone out there can give me some idea of other steps I can do before that.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

I am stupid, I am stupider than a stupid thing.

Whatever key combination I clicked that started this, it included go to preview mode.  Because of all the issue with the change of background colour, I forgot all about it.  I have now enabled normal mode and things are back to normal.

Thank you very much for your suggestions and I'm so sorry to have wasted your time.

Regards and have a good Christmas

Ian 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you uninstall and reinstall, try restoring your InDesign preferences and caches to put things back to normal (you may have to manually change your preferences back to things you've customized after this step):

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a document thing.  Other documents I load have the flow arrows and the pasteboard divider but I can't see anywhere in the document settings where those settings might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's only in one document, try saving as IDML (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 [or later] and reopen the IDML. You might have created some minor document corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am stupid, I am stupider than a stupid thing.

Whatever key combination I clicked that started this, it included go to preview mode.  Because of all the issue with the change of background colour, I forgot all about it.  I have now enabled normal mode and things are back to normal.

Thank you very much for your suggestions and I'm so sorry to have wasted your time.

Regards and have a good Christmas

Ian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines