• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text gets slightly distorted when exporting very long documents

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently in the process of transcribing a web serial I like so that I can print a physical copy for myself. So far I've got the first 300 or so pages done, and I've noticed that when I export the file as a PDF there are very small distoritions/compressions in the Y-axis applied to the text. A picture speaks a thousand words, so here:

Screenshot (203).png

I've tried changing the quality settings in the export menu and nothing happens. The text in the InDesign file itself has no issues, so I presume the problem is in the export process. I'm currently using Version 17.0 on a 64-bit PC running Windows 10.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just tried exporting it again a few minutes ago, and the problem appears to have gone now. I have no idea why though, and it's possible it might happen again in the future, so I would still appreciate any insights you can give me on why it happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you viewing the PDF in Acrobat or Reader? I suspect there was nothing wrong with the PDF. Some non-Adobe PDF viewers are not very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines